[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Magne Andreassen" <magne dot andreassen at bluezone dot no>
 To:  "'Alexandre Gambati'" <gambati at hotmail dot com>, <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] HostAP Mode: Cards Supported
 Date:  Wed, 3 Dec 2003 13:09:04 +0100
Alexandre Gambati wrote:

> Since April, 2003, I have using a Access Point,
> m0n0wall-based.  This AP has
> a D-Link 520 B (Intersil 2.5, I guess) which is compatible
> with HostAP
> driver.  But now i can't get another card like that to
> implement another AP
> m0n0wall-based.

hm, tried upgrading the firmware for this card?

From: http://m0n0.ch/wall#notes
"wireless cards: only wireless cards that work with the wi or an driver
are supported. For hostap, you need a card based on the PRISM-II or -2.5
chipset. Cards that have been tested include D-Link DWL-520 (PCI), Senao
NL-2511CD Plus EXT2, Cisco Aironet AIR-PCM352 and Z-Com XI-815 (CF card
in PCMCIA adapter)"

Also, check out:
http://www.freebsd.org/releases/4.9R/hardware-i386.html#AEN1394

> There's any 802.11g which supports HostAP mode?

No. This would be nice though :)

Magne