[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Christiaens Joachim <jchristi at oce dot be>
 To:  "'Dennis Severt'" <dennissevert at hotmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] bridging
 Date:  Thu, 4 Dec 2003 11:32:17 +0100
-----Original Message-----
From: Dennis Severt [mailto:dennissevert at hotmail dot com]
Sent: woensdag 3 december 2003 14:00
To: m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
Subject: [m0n0wall] bridging

Hi

2 Weeks from now i asked this:

how can you let m0n0wall only do the bridging work, I only need the firwall
and bandwidth managing services. when I put the wan and the lan interface in
the same subnet, the wan interface goes down...

Well i get 1 answer for this:

Subnets and IP addresses are Layer3. Bridging is Layer2.

Configure your ports for bridging instead. Search the mono

list archive for similar posts and you'll find directions

on how to do it.

---------------------

But i don't get it :(

Can anybody be more specific?

======================================

You'll need to take the following steps:

-Configure your LAN port with an IP to use for admin

-Activate an optional interface (this still needs to be done in the console
menu for now)

-Enable the optional interface and choose 'bridge with:' 'LAN'

-In Diagnostics -> Advanced, tick 'enable filtering bridge'

-Just put your WAN interface in DHCP mode, so it won't get in the way...

Hope this helped...

Joachim

MISSION STATEMENT

DISCLAIMER