[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Chad R. Larson" <clarson at eldocomp dot com>
 To:  John Voigt <1geek at jvoigt dot com>, "m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] transparent proxy
 Date:  Thu, 4 Dec 2003 11:27:08 -0700
At 10:31 AM 12/4/2003, John Voigt wrote:
>Is there any way to do this?
>
>LAN - mono - WAN ---internet --- router - server
>
>Redirect all port 8847 traffic (for any ip address) on all the machines on
>the LAN to port 4673 on the server?

The easiest way I can think of is to reverse the definition of WAN and
LAN.  That is, using the console to assign the interfaces, hook your
m0n0wall up "backwards".  Then the inbound NAT screen will let you set up
exactly what you want.

The slightly harder way would be to turn on "Advanced Outbound NAT", but
then you have to roll your own complete rule set.

          -crl
   Eldorado Computing, Inc.   602-604-3100
      5353 North 16th Street, Suite 400
        Phoenix, Arizona   85016-3228