[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 To:  Matt Smith <sysmatt at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] icsa certified
 Date:  Wed, 23 Mar 2005 16:23:12 -0500
On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 14:41:38 -0600, Matt Smith <sysmatt at gmail dot com> wrote:
> Just out of curiosity, is m0n0 icsa certified?

No.  Someone did go through a little while back and submit some
patches to close things that were problems per ICSA specs (no
authentication on the console was the only thing I remember offhand,
nothing was a "hole", per se).

If anybody is willing to pay the $25K USD per classification per year
to certify it, I'm sure it could be done.  The only certified
firewalls on their list [1] are commercial, since no open source
project has the cash for certification.

[1] - http://www.icsalabs.com/html/communities/firewalls/newsite/cert2.shtml

-Chris