[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Sancho2k.net Lists" <lists at sancho2k dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] icsa certified
 Date:  Wed, 23 Mar 2005 15:04:39 -0700
Chris Buechler wrote:

> If anybody is willing to pay the $25K USD per classification per year
>  to certify it, I'm sure it could be done.  The only certified
> firewalls on their list [1] are commercial, since no open source
> project has the cash for certification.

Or since no one really cares?

I see too many products on their list that meet their criteria that I
wouldn't touch with a 40-foot pole. It reminds me of the security
criteria that OS vendors are expected to meet in order to be certifed on
one of the U.S. government's various security safe lists. When I don't
see BSD on the list but I do see Windows 2000 I have a hard time taking
it seriously.

DS