[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Stefan Stasik <stefst at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Question on storing config on a 128MB USB Lexar JumpDrive
 Date:  Thu, 24 Mar 2005 12:19:24 -0500 (EST)
HI There,

This may not be an easy option for you, but why dont you do a phydiskwrite
of the PC-Generic image right onto these laptop hard drives??

I have instructions on how to do this using a XP/W2K/NT4 ghosted install,
and then just running DOS phydsiskwrite right over the existing running
Windows partition.  Seems a little scary, but it works great.  This way
you wont have to deal with either a CDROM or Floppy drive, both of which
are flaky on laptops, for sure.

If you want detailed instructions, email me.

-- Stefan in Boston, Mass (USA)