[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "David Cavanaugh" <dcavanaugh at thewebpros dot net>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] PPTP server irregularities.
 Date:  Thu, 24 Mar 2005 15:10:16 -0500
Thank you the help James.

However, I found what might be a clue. At the end of Chapter 7 in the
user's guide: "Network Neighborhood in Windows does not work over PPTP
connections because broadcasts are not forwarded across the PPTP
connection"

Maybe that is why it does not work. Moreover, if it does not work
because broadcasts are not sent over the PPTP interface, is there a way
to enable broadcasts over the PPTP interface?

And, if it absolutely cannot work, I would like to know,
authoritatively. I will just have to attempt to use RRAS on 2003 for
VPN.

Thanks,

Dave