[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Frederick Page <fpage at thebetteros dot oche dot de>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] 1.2b7 lockups on Soekris 48xx
 Date:  Fri, 25 Mar 2005 02:35:03 +0100
Hallo Braden,

Braden McGrath schrieb am 23. March 2005:

>Interesting.  I went back to 1.2b6 because of the problems with b7.  I
>didn't have any lockups on b6.

I never upgraded to 1.2b7, I stayed at 1.2b6. But I experienced the
freezes with almost all 1.2b versions.

>Do any of the developers have Soekris or WRAP hardware to test on?

Yes, they have. Unfortunately for us, they cannot reproduce the
problem, it works fine for them. Somebody here suggested leaving the
encasement of Wrap/Soekris open, claimed he had freezes too, but with
open encasement they never happen.

I put the WRAP on a pencil (better air from the underside) and it did
not freeze again until now. Might be indeed a temperature issue, the
Bios freezes the machine according to docs, when temperature gets too
high. Maybe the sensor is off in some machines.

Many other people also cannot reproduce the freezes, so it looks as if
it were not a general problem.

Regards  Frederick