[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Jim Thompson <jim at netgate dot com>
 To:  Frederick Page <fpage at thebetteros dot oche dot de>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] 1.2b7 lockups on Soekris 48xx
 Date:  Thu, 24 Mar 2005 18:33:18 -1000
On Mar 24, 2005, at 3:35 PM, Frederick Page wrote:

> Hallo Braden,
>
> Braden McGrath schrieb am 23. March 2005:
>
>> Interesting.  I went back to 1.2b6 because of the problems with b7.  I
>> didn't have any lockups on b6.
>
> I never upgraded to 1.2b7, I stayed at 1.2b6. But I experienced the
> freezes with almost all 1.2b versions.
>
>> Do any of the developers have Soekris or WRAP hardware to test on?
>
> Yes, they have. Unfortunately for us, they cannot reproduce the
> problem, it works fine for them. Somebody here suggested leaving the
> encasement of Wrap/Soekris open, claimed he had freezes too, but with
> open encasement they never happen.
>
> I put the WRAP on a pencil (better air from the underside) and it did
> not freeze again until now. Might be indeed a temperature issue, the
> Bios freezes the machine according to docs, when temperature gets too
> high. Maybe the sensor is off in some machines.
>
> Many other people also cannot reproduce the freezes, so it looks as if
> it were not a general problem.

I'm wondering if this is somehow related to differing CF cards.
I've been running WRAP boards
enclosed in a 85F ambient environment for weeks now with 1.2b6 on them
with nary a freeze or hang.

One of the early things I plan to make run is the watchdog.  (At least,
I haven't seen any evidence of it being
enabled.)