[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] 1.2b7
 Date:  Fri, 25 Mar 2005 00:21:16 -0500
On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 17:39:00 -0700, Dave Warren
<maillist at devilsplayground dot net> wrote:

> The machine is a PII, 300MHz-ish (I think, I'm not in front of the
> machine), with either 64MB or 96MB of RAM.  Memory usage is around 34%
> any time I've checked, no IPSec, PPTP server is enabled but no users
> were authenticated.
>
> I've done a bit of researching and I now have reason to believe that the
> problem may occur when one of my Vonage VoIP phones is in use.  I'll
> investigate further tonight once I don't have any other users connected,
> but in the mean time I dropped my 1.2b3 CD in the drive and I've been
> stable.

Definitely be interesting to hear if that's the case.

I have a possibly crazy thought, based upon a couple past reports to
the list.  (I haven't been able to replicate lock ups on any of
several systems, or I'd try this)

There's been at least one reported case where resetting to factory and
reconfiguring from scratch to identically how it used to be set up
(not restoring from backup) has fixed a lock up problem.  If somebody
that can replicate these problems can try that (though I know it makes
no sense, at least not that I can think of) it would be interesting to
see if that has any effect.

-Chris