[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Jeroen Visser" <monowall at forty dash two dot nl>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Possible feature request.
 Date:  Fri, 25 Mar 2005 11:09:34 +0100
Hi folks,

Regarding the featurelist/wishlist at http://m0n0.ch/wall/todo.php I've got a
question.

Since it is planned to add time/day of week based firewall rules, might it be
possible to do a connectionstate reset on the firewall rules kicking in to make
them effective IMMEDIATELY. (Send TCP RST or delete the connections from the
connectionstate table or someting)

Maybe it's possible to add another checkbox in the configpage of the rules to
active/deactive this setting on a per rule basis. M0n0wall does not have to reset
the entire connectiontrack table but only the connections that are affected with
this rule. I know this is possible on Linux, dunno with FreeBSD.

I ask this because I want to block MSN for a couple of REALLY MSN addicted kids
for example and they are smart enough to leave MSN open when I change the rules.

I know there's a button at the diagnostics page, but this will reset the entire
state and it's not done automatically (in regard of future scheduling).

--
Kind regards,
Jeroen Visser.