[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "James W. McKeand" <james at mckeand dot biz>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Problem with IPSec routing w/ PPPoE and Routed Block
 Date:  Fri, 25 Mar 2005 10:11:46 -0500
Zach Lowry wrote:
> Chris Buechler wrote:
>> m0n0wall always uses the WAN IP for IPsec.  It's possible to have
>> racoon bind to other IP's, but not through the GUI.  This might be
>> good for a hidden config.xml option.
>
> So, this is probably what I need. However, the problemI see is that,
> even with Proxy ARP, Server NAT, and Advanced Outgoing NAT enabled
and
> working, an ifconfig -a only shows the WAN IP, not any of the otehrs
> it's supposedly listening on. Will racoon be able to bind if
ifconfig
> can't see the IP?

Does the WAN IP ever change? If you have a block routed to you, I
cannot see the ISP changing the PPPoE assigned IP, they need a point
of reference to route the block. Can you establish the VPN using the
WAN IP? Is there a specific reason to NAT the LAN to the routed block?
This may just mean changes to DNS to point to a new public IP. We have
a long weekend coming up, make the change to DNS...

James W. McKeand