[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: Fw: [m0n0wall] out of swap space error
 Date:  Fri, 25 Mar 2005 20:26:16 -0500
On Fri, 25 Mar 2005 04:11:08 -0500, Jason <Jason at weatherserver dot net> wrote:
> And here I am running m0n0 off a P120 with 48 megs of ram and it just purrrs
> along.  only issue is new firmwares I have to do a network install using the
> generic-pc image.
>
> It has never topped 84% memory usage yet.

Some people run 1.11 with 32 MB RAM, but that's not possible with 1.2.
 Even on 1.11, if you turn on a bunch of services and have a few IPsec
connections, you'll run out with 32 MB.

With 48 MB, if you kill off processes before upgrading (via exec.php),
you can probably upgrade through the GUI.

-Chris