[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Dave Warren <maillist at devilsplayground dot net>
 To:  "Christopher M. Iarocci" <iarocci at eastendsc dot com>
 Cc:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>, m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] 1.2b7
 Date:  Fri, 25 Mar 2005 23:22:45 -0700
Christopher M. Iarocci wrote:

>Just out of curiosity, how many IPSec tunnels are you planning to use?
>With 6 going, a 566 Celeron barely has any processor usage.  I have a
>333 on one end with 1 tunnel and the processor hovers around 1% all day
>with steady traffic.  There aren't alot of firewall rules on either of
>these machines though.

My plan is two IPSec tunnels to remote sites on a 5Mb/1Mb connection.

However, I'd also like our wireless laptops to be able to use IPSec
rather then WEP for security in-house.  This could mean a potential
2x54Mb of IPSec traffic (although in the real world it will be
significantly less most of the time) -- I have no idea if m0n0wall can
do this or not, but it sounds like a fun experiment.

--
Is there another word for synonym?