[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Sancho2k.net Lists" <lists at sancho2k dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] 1.2b7
 Date:  Sat, 26 Mar 2005 08:04:45 -0700
Dave Warren wrote:
> My plan is two IPSec tunnels to remote sites on a 5Mb/1Mb connection.
>
> However, I'd also like our wireless laptops to be able to use IPSec
> rather then WEP for security in-house.  This could mean a potential
> 2x54Mb of IPSec traffic (although in the real world it will be
> significantly less most of the time) -- I have no idea if m0n0wall can
> do this or not, but it sounds like a fun experiment.

You might find that the new openvpn functionality will meet your
security requirements on the laptops as well as ease-of-use setting them
up. There are native win32/*nix clients and it supports strong SSL based
encryption/authentication, which means tremendous improvement over the
weakness of WEP.

DS