[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  A dot L dot M dot Buxey at lboro dot ac dot uk
 To:  Bryan Marc Schaubach <omschaub at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>, m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Why I left M0N0Wall
 Date:  Sat, 26 Mar 2005 18:01:31 +0000
Hi,

> you believe that P2P is evil, then so be it.. I just had to find a
> solution that allowed me to get my anime ;) without being banned by

hopefully not cpyright protected anime. however, this isnt an issue
with m0n0wall - as m0n0 simply uses the FreeBSD kernel - and hence
its network stack. I'd advise that you contact the people who
are thus responsible for that - ie FreeBSD network developers.
I have a feeling its a by-product of DoS defences and port communication
teardowns.

myself, I'm running 1.2b7 now - and i'm happy with it. I moved to m0n0
after using a home built linux, then smoothwall, then IPcop, then
back to a homemade Linux, then onto m0n0wall. I also have the 'rule shaper'
running - which squashes the P2P into a nice little bandwidth tunnel.
you might want to turn that on yourself and see if it magically fixes
the issue. you'll still get plenty of P2P action - my 2Mb line gives me over
180kb/s with BitTorrent and edonkey stuff, but ou may see less errors

alan