[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  kfineta fineta <kfineta at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Lan questions
 Date:  Sat, 26 Mar 2005 20:08:24 +0200
Hello;

I'm new to monowall. I will use1.2b7 on a HP NetServer LPR2000 double
cpu, 2*PIII 933MHz, 1GB RAM, 2*18 GB SCSI HD Raid 1

I'm trying to configure monowall under vmware as a simple CORE
Firewall between 2 subnets (1 pc with 2 network cards), and in the
future as a multinetwork firewall, but I don't want the Wan
connection:

250 users subnet1 ----->Gigabit interface + MonoWall + Gigabit
interface<----- 15 servers Subnet2.

I have some questions:

1) I don't want the Wan connection. I only want 2 lan conections and
more in the future. Is this possible?

2) I want to rename the lan, wan connections. How can I do this?

3) Is there any ssh, console, ...?

4) Can I expect a good performance? Or the firewall will be a
bottleneck between lans?

Thanks, and sorry for the bad English.