[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 To:  Don Munyak <don dot munyak at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] icsa certified
 Date:  Sat, 26 Mar 2005 22:30:05 -0500
On Sat, 26 Mar 2005 18:12:08 -0500, Don Munyak <don dot munyak at gmail dot com> wrote:
> I have but one questions about the certification, and this comes from a noob :)
>
> If certified, does this mean it becomes a commercial product subject
> to paying for the software...or are you basically building a box
> installed with m0n0wall, which then becomes a certified "Product" you
> intend to resell and support ?

You can certify anything that someone will pay to have certified.
Doesn't mean you have to sell it, or can't license and distribute
under the BSD license, but you only see commercial products certified
because it costs big money.  (going to have to sell it somewhere to
have the money to get and maintain the certification)

-Chris