[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Levi Masterson <lmasterson at hcocntf dot org>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  [m0n0wall] Wireless throughput problem with latest betas
 Date:  Sat, 26 Mar 2005 21:50:37 -0600
I've experienced another issue similar to the one mentioned in "1.2b5+
BitTorrent problem" on the newer betas based on 5.3 (b6 and b7, at least).

Using a 4501 with one Senao 200mw card, I'm seeing throughput rates max out
around 90 packets per second passing traffic between the wired side and the
wireless side (bridged). Not only does this effect bittorrent traffic (was
not getting anywhere near maxing out my internet connection) but also
wireless to wired traffic (both ways).

Stepping back to 1.11, the rates shoot up to around 400-500 packets/second.

I didn't do any extensive testing before reverting back to 1.11, but has
anyone else seen something similar?

--Levi Masterson