[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  A dot L dot M dot Buxey at lboro dot ac dot uk
 To:  Manuel Kasper <mk at neon1 dot net>
 Cc:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>, m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] 1.2b5+ BitTorrent problem
 Date:  Sun, 27 Mar 2005 12:48:52 +0100
Hi,

> As can easily be seen, FreeBSD 5.3 brings a rather severe performance
> hit... This was to be expected though, and is part of the reason why

to be expected, or a hangover of 5.x still being 'young' ?

one way would be to have 2 versions of m0n0. the 4.x train
and a 5.x for those that 'want all the jazz'. this would satisfy those
who want fast stable firewall, those who want to use .11g ON their firewall
(I use a 802.11g switch/router which is plugged into the m0n0 OPT1)
but wouldnt help those who wanted both

alan