As others, I have now a Atheros based miniPCI on my wrap...
Works like a charm but it seems to miss three things on m0n0 (or... how
to add things into todo) :
- a mixed 802.11b/g mode to allow mixed b/g networks
- an option to not broadcast SSID
- an option mac filtering options on this interface.
Now here is the problems I had :
- captive portal with pass-thru mac (I have tried this way to
forbid people to use my hostap to redirect into a captive portal).
1- first thanks to add local user manager for that. This is a
brillan idea !
2- When I set 2 MAC in pass thru, I get some random behavior,
eg some machines can ping the wireless interface, some other
cannot. Note that I have tried without and with traffic shapper
to be sure... but not effect.
- on status_wireless.php wicontrol seems to coredump on signal 10 :
logs : kernel: pid 992 (wicontrol), uid 0: exited on signal 10 (core
also there is lots of 00:00:00:00:00:00 mac addreses there
Also, some wishes :
- how to forward rendez-vous between Lan and Wireless ? This should be
Xavier Beaudouin - Unix System Administrator & Projects Leader.
President of Kazar Organization : http://www.kazar.net/
Please visit http://caudium.net/, home of Caudium & Camas projects