[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Xavier Beaudouin <kiwi at oav dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  About atheros and 1.2b7
 Date:  Sun, 27 Mar 2005 15:51:34 +0200
Hello,

As others, I have now a Atheros based miniPCI on my wrap...

Works like a charm but it seems to miss three things on m0n0 (or... how
to add things into todo) :

- a mixed 802.11b/g mode to allow mixed b/g networks
- an option to not broadcast SSID
- an option mac filtering options on this interface.

Now here is the problems I had :

- captive portal with pass-thru mac (I have tried this way to
   forbid people to use my hostap to redirect into a captive portal).
   1- first thanks to add local user manager for that. This is a
      brillan idea !
   2- When I set 2 MAC in pass thru, I get some random behavior,
      eg some machines can ping the wireless interface, some other
      cannot. Note that I have tried without and with traffic shapper
      to be sure... but not effect.
- on status_wireless.php wicontrol seems to coredump on signal 10 :
  logs : kernel: pid 992 (wicontrol), uid 0: exited on signal 10 (core
dumped)
  also there is lots of 00:00:00:00:00:00 mac addreses there
(http://www.oav.net/tmp/status_wireless.jpg).

Also, some wishes :

- how to forward rendez-vous between Lan and Wireless ? This should be
very
   usefull :)

Sincerly,
/Xavier

--
Xavier Beaudouin - Unix System Administrator & Projects Leader.
President of Kazar Organization : http://www.kazar.net/