[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Braden McGrath" <braden at mcmail dot homeip dot net>
 To:  "James W. McKeand" <james at mckeand dot biz>, <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] m0n0wall on the Actiontec GT701-wg
 Date:  Fri, 25 Mar 2005 14:04:42 -0500
There's no real reason m0n0 couldn't run on anything that FreeBSD
supports, but I don't think Free supports MIPS.  Not sure though.

Even if you did do a custom build, you'd have to hack a lot to get it to
run on 16MB of RAM, since currently it requires more than 32...  You'd
need to come up with a way to boot it too, since that machine doesn't
appear to have any local flash storage?  TFTP/PXEboot comes to mind,
it's possible to remote mount everything...  but I doubt with only 16MB
of ram.

--Braden