[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Don Munyak <don dot munyak at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Lost inbound traffic to webservers
 Date:  Mon, 28 Mar 2005 10:08:02 -0500
All of a sudden we lost the ability for inbound traffic to webserver.
m0n0wall 1.1 running on pc workstation
webserver traffic setup using NAT 1:1
Rules allow only http/https

This was running fine Saturday night.

I setup as a test to ping the dedicated m0n0wall WAN IP with ICMP
I can ping the WAN IP.

I allowed ICMP for one of the webser IP
ICMP times out

For and IP I am using NAT 1:1 for a webserver, when I PING that
interface, ICMP times out and monowall does not report a firewall rule
log.

From a console session into the border router, trying to PING a
webserver IP that I am allowing in the rules, the consol ping times
out.

From a console session into the border router, trying to PING a
webserver IP that I am NOT allowing in the rules, the consol ping
times out AND m0nwall does not report a firewall rule in the log file

It's like, now that there are employees in the building, NAT 1:1
stopped working.
The m0n0wall doesn't appear to translating the additional IP's any more.
There is also now a lot of traffic showing up in the log for the
monowall WAN IP.

I have rebooted both the router and m0n0wall...no success.

I am not sure how to trouble shoot.

- don