[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Frederick Page <fpage at thebetteros dot oche dot de>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] 1.2b7 lockups on Soekris 48xx
 Date:  Mon, 28 Mar 2005 16:41:58 +0200
Hallo Jim,

Jim Thompson schrieb am 24. March 2005:

>>Might be indeed a temperature issue, the Bios freezes the machine
>>according to docs, when temperature gets too high. Maybe the sensor
>>is off in some machines.

>One of the early things I plan to make run is the watchdog.  (At least,
>I haven't seen any evidence of it being
>enabled.)

That sounds like a good idea. However, if those freezes should be
because the BIOS of the WRAP (mistakenly) believes the temperature is
too high and freezes the machine, I doubt the watchdog will be able to
react (when complete machine is frozen by BIOS).

I now have the WRAP running like hell, with no problems whatsoever,
the temperature theory seems to be it. Maybe a sensor is off and gives
wrong readings? I am very glad that my WRAP does not freeze anymore.

Kind regards  Frederick