[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Joe Barnhart <joebarnhart at yahoo dot com>
 To:  Ed Lentz <elentz at gmail dot com>, m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] VPN with Linksys BEFVP41 M0n0wall crashing
 Date:  Mon, 28 Mar 2005 11:29:36 -0800 (PST)
I'm using a Linksys BEFSX41 VPN router at my Dad's
home to establish a tunnel to my m0n0 at my home.  It
works perfectly.  I dunno how it differs from your
box.  I have the tunnel set for: phase1-DES/MD5,
phase2-3DES/MD5, main (aggressive works too), pfs on.

I noticed the Linksys won't let me define a phase 1
proposal of 3DES.  I try to save it and it goes back
to DES every time.  Other than this anomoly, it all
seems to work.

--- Ed Lentz <elentz at gmail dot com> wrote:
> I'm running ver 1.11 at the office with a 5 static
> IP over PPPoE from
> SBC.  I have everytihing running except with a VPN
> from the office to
> my Linksys VPN router.  Everytime I try to get the
> tunnel setup the
> m0n0wall crashes.  Just stops responding.  I have
> read on the list
> that this didn't work a few months ago.  I have a
> dsl at home with a
> dynamic ip.  Is there a work around, a  free vpn
> client I can use with
> WinXP and Win 98SE?  The 98 machine will be a
> laptop.  Any answers or
> suggestions are welcome
>
> Thanks
>
> Ed Lentz