[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Jim Thompson <jim at netgate dot com>
 To:  David Courtney <blixel at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] m0n0wall 1.2b# terrible wireless throughput
 Date:  Mon, 28 Mar 2005 13:07:15 -1000
The 'fact' that both the prism2.5 (11b) and atheros (11g) cards drop on
FreeBSD 5.x based systems is somewhat interesting.

I can't remember (or find, natch) what kind of board you're running on.

I can say that FreeBSD 5.x systems (m0n0 1.2b6 in particular) get about
18Mbps throughput
with 11g when I test them here.   (This peaks the CPU, btw.)   11b cards
in the same (wrap) board
get 5Mbps, or possibly a little more.

This is likely either specific to your board, or you've got something
going wrong in the local RF environment.

jim