[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Why I left M0N0Wall
 Date:  Mon, 28 Mar 2005 18:08:51 -0500
On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 00:23:50 +0200, Frederick Page
<fpage at thebetteros dot oche dot de> wrote:

> The more exclamation marks, the less people will take you seriously. I
> agree that such behaviour is unacceptable, however your conclusion
> (being m0n0wall the culprit) seem a bit far fetched to me. Looks to me
> that you are the only one on this mailing list experiencing the
> problem. This gives a clue that it might be on your side.

I agree with most of that, but

Actually he did help us uncover a legitimate problem with m0n0wall
b5+, in that it takes way more CPU than previous versions did.  So he
didn't have enough CPU to keep up with his bandwidth, and hence it
likely was dropping packets.

-Chris