[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 To:  Ed Lentz <elentz at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] VPN with Linksys BEFVP41 M0n0wall crashing
 Date:  Mon, 28 Mar 2005 18:17:19 -0500
On Sun, 27 Mar 2005 22:12:57 -0500, Ed Lentz <elentz at gmail dot com> wrote:
> I'm running ver 1.11 at the office with a 5 static IP over PPPoE from
> SBC.  I have everytihing running except with a VPN from the office to
> my Linksys VPN router.  Everytime I try to get the tunnel setup the
> m0n0wall crashes.  Just stops responding.  I have read on the list
> that this didn't work a few months ago.

I've gotten one working before but it was *ugly*.  Wasn't very stable
to say the least.  Barely worked at all before a firmware upgrade, but
it worked half decent after upgrading to the latest version.  I'd make
sure you have the latest firmware from Linksys on it.

PPTP would be a good option for 98 and XP compatibility (just use the
built in Windows client).

-Chris