[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  David Courtney <blixel at gmail dot com>
 To:  Jim Thompson <jim at netgate dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] m0n0wall 1.2b# terrible wireless throughput
 Date:  Mon, 28 Mar 2005 19:00:34 -0500
> The 'fact' that both the prism2.5 (11b) and atheros (11g) cards drop on
> FreeBSD 5.x based systems is somewhat interesting.

The 11b card doesn't drop connection, if that's what you mean.  It
drops in speed significantly though under m0n0wall 1.2b5/6/7.  But the
connection is stable.  Whereas with the 11g card, the connection drops
constantly.

> I can't remember (or find, natch) what kind of board you're running on.

Soekris net4801

> This is likely either specific to your board, or you've got something
> going wrong in the local RF environment.

Great.  I can only assume it's the former because I have no problem
with 11b card + m0n0wall 1.1 or 1.2b3.