[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Malte S. Stretz" <msquadrat dot nospamplease at gmx dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] anti-spam appliance?
 Date:  Tue, 29 Mar 2005 02:16:59 +0200
On Monday 28 March 2005 23:38 CET Habers, Jonathan wrote:
> Are there any plans for the author of m0n0wall to create an ANTI-SPAM
> appliance like the m0n0wall? Or is there already one out there.

Have a look at the SpamAssassin Wiki, I think there are some links.

Whatever, m0n0wall is designed for diskless and more or less stateless (ie.
when you reboot everything's gone) appliances with relatively low-end
hardware.  That would mean that SpamAssassin had to run crippled with
disabled learning facilities (Bayes etc.) and would probably bog down the
machine a lot.  Or to sum it up:  It won't work like m0n0 is designed and
if you created an anti-spam appliance, it wouldn't have too much in common
with m0n0 :)

Cheers,
Malte

--
[SGT] Simon G. Tatham: "How to Report Bugs Effectively"
      <http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/bugs.html>