[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Christopher Snell <chris dot snell at gmail dot com>
 To:  Ed Lentz <elentz at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] VPN with Linksys BEFVP41 M0n0wall crashing
 Date:  Mon, 28 Mar 2005 18:43:55 -0600
On Sun, 27 Mar 2005 22:12:57 -0500, Ed Lentz <elentz at gmail dot com> wrote:

> my Linksys VPN router.  Everytime I try to get the tunnel setup the
> m0n0wall crashes.  Just stops responding.  I have read on the list
> that this didn't work a few months ago.  I have a dsl at home with a
> dynamic ip.  Is there a work around, a  free vpn client I can use with
> WinXP and Win 98SE?  The 98 machine will be a laptop.  Any answers or
> suggestions are welcome

Do yourself a big favor: ditch the Linksys.  We bought three of them
and never did get them working for more than a few minutes.  Go get
yourself a copy of the OpenVPN GUI for Windows:

     http://openvpn.se/

Read the OpenVPN documentation:

     http://openvpn.se/howto.html
     http://openvpn.se/documentation.html

    http://openvpn.net/howto.html

Set up the OpenVPN server on your m0n0wall box and the client on your
Windows box (or vice-versa, if you desire) and you should be good to
go.

OpenVPN has proven itself to be secure and very, very reliable.

Chris