[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  ss <sonicsai at gmail dot com>
 To:  "Malte S. Stretz" <msquadrat dot nospamplease at gmx dot net>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] anti-spam appliance?
 Date:  Tue, 29 Mar 2005 13:02:21 +0500
anti-spam should be on a mail server, IMHO. I think that this is the
philosophy that m0n0 follows also.
A firewall should be totally secure, extremely reliable. This does not
happen if you have all sorts of software running on your firewall
machine.

There are firewalls out there that have anti-spam and anti-virus
funtions builtin. These are technically suspect solutions that are
marketing fueled and bought by sysadmins that want a simple system
that does everything. However the sysadmin gets the complexity without
getting the reliability that he wants.