[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]
 From:  ss <sonicsai at gmail dot com>
 To:  "Malte S. Stretz" <msquadrat dot nospamplease at gmx dot net>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] anti-spam appliance?
 Date:  Tue, 29 Mar 2005 13:02:21 +0500
anti-spam should be on a mail server, IMHO. I think that this is the
philosophy that m0n0 follows also.
A firewall should be totally secure, extremely reliable. This does not
happen if you have all sorts of software running on your firewall

There are firewalls out there that have anti-spam and anti-virus
funtions builtin. These are technically suspect solutions that are
marketing fueled and bought by sysadmins that want a simple system
that does everything. However the sysadmin gets the complexity without
getting the reliability that he wants.