[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  ss <sonicsai at gmail dot com>
 To:  "tcslv at cox dot net" <tcslv at cox dot net>
 Cc:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>, m0n0wall list <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] another FreeBSD 4.10 vs. 5.3 comparison
 Date:  Tue, 29 Mar 2005 13:09:49 +0500
maybe you want a setup like this?

PC1 ----- (DMZ) m0n0 (wan) ---- PC2

or do you want

PC1 ------(DMZ) m0n0 (WAN) --- ISP
PC2 ------(LAN) +

On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 2:55:42 -0500, tcslv at cox dot net <tcslv at cox dot net> wrote:

> > <snip>
>
> I had posted a few weeks ago to m0n0 and pfsense lists that I had some free time todo comparative
throughput and latency testing of m0n0 and pfsense using same box and two client PC's but got no
I had received a free trial of some pretty robust network testing software and was ready to go.

> I also stumbled on how to setup m0n0/pfsense so as to get the two client PC's to 'talk' through
the firewall. How to setup the LAN/WAN options and IP's in m0n0 plus on the PC's so that the box
cold be tested. I sort of gave up on it in short time but would be willing to go at it again if I
could get some setup advice. I want to test degradation of increasing rules on all of them too.