[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Scott Nasuta <tcslv at cox dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall list <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re[2]: [m0n0wall] another FreeBSD 4.10 vs. 5.3 comparison
 Date:  Tue, 29 Mar 2005 01:56:59 -0800
Hello ss,

Tuesday, March 29, 2005, 12:09:49 AM, you wrote:

> maybe you want a setup like this?

> PC1 ----- (DMZ) m0n0 (wan) ---- PC2

I would think I want this.

I had:
LAN = 10.0.0.1
PC1 = 10.0.0.2
WAN = 10.0.0.3
PC2 = 10.0.0.4

But I couldn't get the PC's to 'talk' (ping or with the software). I
disabled all firewall rules and it still wouldn't get through. Also
used QCheck for simplicity but it wouldn't 'talk' through either.

Plus since I want to test escalating firewall rules degration,
wouldn't putting PC1 in a DMZ bypass the firewall rulings? Not to
mention I don't know how to setup a "DMZ" with m0n0/pfsense to begin
with.

--
Best regards,
 Scott                            mailto:tcslv at cox dot net