[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Manuel Kasper <mk at neon1 dot net>
 To:  Michael Dale <mdale at dalegroup dot net>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] IPv6 problem
 Date:  Tue, 29 Mar 2005 14:15:54 +0200
On 29.03.2005 21:55 +1000, Michael Dale wrote:

> Yes it seems m0n0wall doesn't do IPv6 filtering at all. Even IPv6
> tunneled through IPv4.
>
> I tried blocking all IPv4 traffic and the IPv6 tunnel still worked!
>
> I would love to see this feature in a later release.

Michael Hanselmann has contributed a patch (for 1.2b3 IIRC) that
makes this happen. I put it up at

http://m0n0.ch/wall/downloads/m0n0wall-ipv6-2005-02-20.diff.bz2

for the time being (until it gets integrated into the official
release). Note that the 1.2b3 kernel doesn't support IPv6, so you'll
have to either add that or try to apply the patch to 1.2b7 (not
tested, may need some work) as that kernel includes IPv6 support.

- Manuel