[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Braden McGrath" <braden at mcmail dot homeip dot net>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Why I left M0N0Wall
 Date:  Tue, 29 Mar 2005 09:05:48 -0500
I agree totally with Frederick, although I don't know how feasable it
would be to move to OBSD.  It seems to me like a natural fit between the
two - in general, Open tends to run better on older hardware and it's
already a very popular choice for firewall systems.  (Before I went to
m0n0 + Soekris, I was running Open 3.4 on a Pentium 90, and it had no
problems with my 3mbit cable line.)

Plus, pf does both shaping/queuing and rules all in the same system, no
more "two pronged" attack like we have currently with ipfw/ipfilter.

Just my $0.02...

--Braden