[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Peter Allgeyer <allgeyer at web dot de>
 To:  Braden McGrath <braden at mcmail dot homeip dot net>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Why I left M0N0Wall
 Date:  Tue, 29 Mar 2005 16:59:44 +0200
Am Dienstag, den 29.03.2005, 09:05 -0500 schrieb Braden McGrath:
> Plus, pf does both shaping/queuing and rules all in the same system, no
> more "two pronged" attack like we have currently with ipfw/ipfilter.
But pf needs proxy services in userland for not so simple tcp-protocols
like FTP and SIP. There are many pro and cons. If you just need pf, then
pfsense might be worth looking at.

Ciao ...

 copyleft(c) by |           We are Pentium of Borg. Division is
 Peter Allgeyer |   _-_     futile. You will be approximated.  -- seen