[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "James W. McKeand" <james at mckeand dot biz>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] System Logs : Firewall : quick question
 Date:  Tue, 29 Mar 2005 10:14:30 -0500
Don Munyak wrote:
> I am running m0n0wall 1.11 PC Harddrive image
>
> On the System Logs : Firewall tab, in the column for ACT, we are
> logging all blocked traffic, as indicated by the little (X).
>
> I have a few entries where there is a number next to the (X) in the
> action column NOT the time column. What is that suppose to indicate
?

> - Don

I think (may be wrong) that the number ("n") means that there were "n"
of the same entry - i.e. if there were two attempts from the same
source IP:port to the same destination IP:port on the same interface
and using the same protocol back-to-back the X would have a 2 next to
it. I think this is just to save space in the log...

Again this is my assumption, someone correct me if I am incorrect...

James W. McKeand