[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall list <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: another FreeBSD 4.10 vs. 5.3 comparison
 Date:  Tue, 29 Mar 2005 16:36:24 -0500
On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 02:31:31 -0500, Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com> wrote:
> I upgraded my cable modem at home to 6.0 Mb down/512 Kb up, and ran
> some tests on a 4501 with 1.2b3 vs. 1.2b7 vs. pfSense.  Though my
> methodology isn't perfect, this was a quick test and I can repeat the
> same results over and over again.
> http://chrisbuechler.com/4vs5/

Make that http://pfsense.org/4vs5/

Lost a drive in my colo server, and the RAID controller isn't happy
about it for some reason.  The same box also hosts wiki.m0n0.ch, so
it'll be out until I get the drive as well.  Not going to mess with it
until I have the 3rd good drive back in there.  Should have it
tomorrow.

If anybody has a spare 73 GB 10K RPM SCSI drive that they could donate
for use as a hot spare, I'd *greatly* appreciate it.  Or if you have a
couple bucks to donate to the cause, you can send to
paypal at chrisbuechler dot com.  I will be getting a hot spare one way or
another, but I'd like for it not to cost a fortune out of my pocket
since I already stick a lot of money (not to mention a huge amount of
time) in this stuff.

</sob story>  ;)
-Chris