[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Chris Bagnall" <m0n0wall at minotaur dot cc>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  ADSL users in the UK
 Date:  Wed, 30 Mar 2005 00:50:49 +0100
I know this subject has been raised by me (and others) on the list in the
past, so apologies if this is rehashing an earlier thread. I've finally been
able to ditch BT for ADSL in favour of Zen Internet, which means I now have
a /29 address range to play with. I'm fairly confident with setting up m0n0
for this (proxy ARP and the like), but I think my ADSL modem (X-Modem CE) is
only responding on the primary IP, not any of the others.

Are any folks in the UK running multiple IPs with m0n0wall, and if so, what
hardware are you using at the ADSL presentation end? Any helpful hints on
configuration would also be much appreciated.

Ideally I'd like 3 IPs mapped 1:1 to Gentoo servers behind m0n0, one
reserved for future 1:1 VoIP use, then using the final IP for all my
workstations/clients running through NAT.

As I said, I'm reasonably comfortable with this from a m0n0 config angle,
the problem seems to be the ADSL modem in front of m0n0.

Thanks in advance folks.

Regards,

Chris