[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Frederick Page <fpage at thebetteros dot oche dot de>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Why I left M0N0Wall
 Date:  Wed, 30 Mar 2005 01:45:05 +0200
Hallo Braden,

Braden McGrath schrieb am 29. March 2005:

>I was running Open 3.4 on a Pentium 90, and it had no
>problems with my 3mbit cable line.)

>Plus, pf does both shaping/queuing and rules all in the same system, no
>more "two pronged" attack like we have currently with ipfw/ipfilter.

I am currently running OBSD 3.5 (haven't made the switch to 3.6) on my
main server and found it to be exceptionally performant. Fiddled a bit
with pf and was totally amazed about it's performance and abilities,
especially the "scrub" thingy. I could not even scratch the surface of
something like CARP ...

These softwares really play in another league.

Kind regards   Frederick