[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "ryanag at zoominternet dot net" <ryanag at zoominternet dot net>
 To:  "Christopher M. Iarocci" <iarocci at eastendsc dot com>
 Cc:  Jesus De la Garza <jesus dot delagarza at gmail dot com>, m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Vonage configuration with m0n0
 Date:  Tue, 29 Mar 2005 22:43:51 -0500
I have one of the Cisco ATA's also, VOnage does not use them anymore
though.

Probably shaping/rate limiting traffic other than vonage so your
internet pipe doesn't get saturated will have a more positive effect
than anything else.

Opening ports is a bit difficult, as the Vonage service initiates calls
on a few ports, but actual calls bounce around ports a lot.

"Each router manufacturer has a different process for Port Forwarding
(also called Port Opening), but in each case, you must always specify
two port ranges to be opened:
      * 5060 ? 5061 (UDP)
      * 10000 ? 20000 (UDP)"

http://www.vonage.com/help_knowledgeBase_article.php?article=89