[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Andrew Friedman <andrew at cyberdreaming dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Wireless Setup Problems
 Date:  Wed, 30 Mar 2005 10:11:56 -0800
I am a newbie and am having a problem with the basic setup.  I am using
a WRAP .2C board (www.pcengines.ch) with a Prism NL-2511MP wireless
card.  As far as I can tell, I need to assign the wireless interface to
OPT1, using the console application, before it will work.  The problem
I am having is as follows:

I have only two interfaces, namely, sys0 - the ethernet interface (the
WRAP .2C only has 1 ethernet port) and wi0 (the wireless interface).
When using the console, I am forced to assign one of these to the LAN
interface and the other to the WAN interface.  I cannot assign sys0 to
both.  Consequently, I cannot assign wi0 to OPT1.

Does anyone know what to do about this?  Do I need to get a different
WRAP card (one which has a second ethernet port) or perhaps a second
wireless card so that after assigning the LAN and WAN, I will have a
wireless port left  over to assign to OPT1?

Pleeeeeez help.

Thanks,
Andy