[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  ts86 <tanuj at ts86 dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  IPSec VPN from Windows SafeNet SoftRemoteLT client
 Date:  Wed, 30 Mar 2005 22:28:28 +0100
I don't think the problems I'm having are bugs or anything like, but more to
do with my specific config. So if information needed to solve is lacking,
please just ask and I'll supply it.

Basically, I've followed the guide as in part 13.1 of the online Users
Guide. The SafeNet SoftRemoteLT client software (Windows 2000 Pro laptop)
says it has connected properly. The Log Viewer also reflects that. However,
nothing can be "done" over it. For example, I can't ping the LAN interface
or access FTP/mail services on one of the boxes.

Currently we're using PPTP connections, but this is not very good. Upon
connection the client sees a new interface with the VPN IP address.

I've never used IPSec before (we want to know - we think we should), but I
am expecting this new interface to appear on the client like in the current
PPTP workings.

I followed the 13.1 part guide exactly and have set the IP Subnet to be my
actual m0n0 LAN interface settings etc. I've tried the IPSec VPN over OPT1
interface (connected to WiFi access point) and from the outside using
dial-up modem.

m0n0 version is 1.2b3. Haven't upgraded 'cos it works very very well, and
didn't want the P2P high packet issues to affect me (FreeBSD 5.3 issue?).

I'm completely loss. Please help.

Thanks very much, T.