[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Frederick Page <fpage at thebetteros dot oche dot de>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] OpenBSD Packet Filter in m0n0wall?
 Date:  Thu, 31 Mar 2005 03:36:48 +0200
Hallo Jim,

Jim Thompson schrieb am 29. March 2005:

>I have plans to 'port' m0n0wall (or something a whole lot like it) to
>NetBSD once I get the wireless stuff straightened out.

I remember reading something on the m0n0wall site, that it was never
meant for the wireless stuff, that one better use an AP and connect it
to a spare NIC of the m0n0wall box. I did exactly that and have no
problems. Why people MUST have their WLAN on m0n0wall is beyond me.

NetBSD indeed is known for it's performance and small footprint.

>OpenBSD leaves me cold.

I've seen this attitude a lot, well that's of course your choice.

Kind regards  Frederick