[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  A dot L dot M dot Buxey at lboro dot ac dot uk
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  1.2 beta 7 RADIUS/captive portal problem
 Date:  Thu, 31 Mar 2005 15:24:25 +0100
hi,

I've upgraded a 1.2b3 box to 1.2b7 to see what lovely FreeBSD 5.3 goodness will give
me - and for the large number of feature improvements and fixxes of course! :-)

however, using the 1.2b7 captive portal, I see a happy Access-Accept being decided
and sent by the FreeRADIUS server, but the m0n0 box doesnt let the user through.
I seem to recall that someone else had this issue with 1.2b5 or 1.2b6(?) where
an extra Reply field was needed to be added to the RADIUS reply packet...is this
still the case? or is there some other issue still with this?

Also, the changelog made a reference to being able to send a bandwidth control
tag with RADIUS authentication....is there more documentation on the REPLY
packet info required to acheieve this? are there any more Replys that are valid, eg
VLAN ?

alan