[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "James W. McKeand" <james at mckeand dot biz>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] urgent Request
 Date:  Thu, 31 Mar 2005 10:08:52 -0500
Barry Mather wrote:
> All,
>
> I'm desperate to deploy m0n0wall as a production system, but NEED to
> have more than 16 pptp clients ...
>
> Its running on a plenty powerful enough machine to handle it, I need
> in
> excess of 150 pptp clients ..
>
> I only need a third of that now, but as the company grows, i'll need
> upto this kind of number....
>
> Could anyone out there PLEASE compile me a 1.2b3 image, cdrom or
> generic
> pc (or both would be great) with 150 ish pptp client availability
>
> I know about the method whereby I can make the change to
globals.inc,
> but this does not survive a reboot ...
>
> HELP !!
>
> Many thanks

Any chance of setting up a PPTP server behind the m0n0 and having the
m0n0 redirect the PPTP connections? PPTP VPN has 3 options: Off,
Redirect incoming PPTP connections to (supply IP of PPTP server), and
Enable PPTP Server (and rest of PPTP settings). I assume that for 150
users you would want be using RADIUS for authentication (not local
m0n0 user database), why not just redirect the whole mess...

James W. McKeand