[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 To:  =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Odd_K=E5re_Qvam_Tr=F8en?= <oddkt at tihlde dot org>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] m0n0 & PPTP VPN impossible...
 Date:  Wed, 30 Mar 2005 00:53:32 -0500
<oddkt at tihlde dot org> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've been running m0n0wall 1.11 flawlessly for months now. Great fw and
> superb throughput.
>
> First question:
> I have one problem with m0n0wall 1.11, and that is that I have problems
> connecting to a Draytek FW/VPN PPTP. (Vigor 2600 & 2900)
> The connection just times out while authenticating.

This sounds typical of NAT setups that break PPTP, but m0n0wall
doesn't (maybe some circumstances where it does that I haven't seen?).
 Anything atypical about your configuration?

Seeing anything in your m0n0wall logs when trying to connect?

> Second question:
> I'm running the generic pc image of m0n0wall with a hard disk.
> Is that hard disk spinning 24/7, or does the m0n0 image stop the spinning?

There is a checkbox on the generic PC images, I believe on the
Advanced page, that allows you to stop the drive when it's not in use.
 That's a relatively new feature though, and I don't recall offhand if
that was available in 1.11 or not until the 1.2 beta versions.

-Chris