[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  William Reid <williamr288 at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  adding external wifi ap via opt1 interface help
 Date:  Thu, 31 Mar 2005 11:30:58 -0500
Hi everyone,

Here's my layout...
Mono Details....

24.* on wan interface, 192.168.1.* on LAN interface, nothing special,
a few port forwards for hosting games, and a few explicit blocks for
traffic going out of the lan interface.

what I'm trying to is add a belkin 11 mbps wifi ap router to opti
interface on it's own segment so that wireless folks can piggy back
off the wan interface, but not see my machines on the lan 192.168.1*
range.

here's the config details

Opti IP: 192.169.1.1
Wan IP on Belkin: 192.169.1.2
Lan IP on Belkin: 192.170.0.1 (dhcp enabled)

wifi clients can connect and get proper ip, dns and cannot access my
lan range. but when trying to surf or anything else, the firewall is
blocking the clients on the wifi range.

i've tried adding rules to allow all traffic from the opti interface,
but I'm guessing because the firewall is seeing traffic on the belkin
using a different ip range then the opti ip range, it's blocking it?

also tried enabling and disabling nat on the belkin as mono most
likely handles it, but overall same results, tried bridging and same
thing.

any ideas?

Thanks