[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "bob bobson" <athletesfoot80 at hotmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  monowall 2 monowall
 Date:  Thu, 31 Mar 2005 17:15:06 +0000
I have two networks and routers on separate adsl lines, now i can use mono
to mono vpn which goes out through one adsl line then back into the other
adsl line (both have static public ip's). Both networks behind the
monowall's are located in the same building.

My question is that could it be possible to do the vpn using the opt1
interfaces between the vpn networks using a cross over cable, the advantage
being that the vpn would go over a LAN speed line.
What static routes and firewall rules would i require if this is possible,
as i understand that when you setup a vpn rule using the wan interface these
are all added automatically and not viewable from the gui.

If this configuration is not possible would it be possible to put one switch
between both wan interfaces of the monowall's and assign ip alias's (192's
etc) to these wan interfaces and vpn on these alias's.

I hope this makes sense, and is possible as this could really help out the
messy two networks on one physical segment problem.

Toby Seed